Thursday, September 28, 2006

A Dramatic Scene 2


A Dramatic Scene, originally uploaded by setev.

The same photo as the one below but the levels have been adjusted slightly differently.

Does this version or the one below offer more mood or emotional impact for the viewer? That is the question I have been asking myself this week.

I think I like both versions, but for different reasons. However when in doubt I always revert to a printed copy as the best guide for establishing the photographs "provenance".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve

I do prefer this one (so the upper one of the two). Mainly because of the fact that its colors are less "friendly" and less "consumer". That's just what makes your published pictures so interesting and appealing.

Steve said...

Thanks marius. Good to hear from you again.