Thursday, February 09, 2006

Rainbow Reality Check

For starters I want everyone to know this a not a trick photo! This really took place.

There was a wonderful rainbow this evening and so I raced out the door as soon as I got home to capture it. St Kilda Beach is only a few minutes from home and I knew the road above the beach would give a good vantage point for rapid shooting. However I wasn't prepared for the sight that opened up before me.

This particular rainbow was incredibly vivid. I don't think I have ever been as 'close' to a rainbow as this. As the light changed from the rainshower overhead the beam came to rest on the beach directly in front of me.

I took a few photos before the jogger appeared. From my viewpoint he literally jogged 'through' the beam of the rainbow. I have never seen anything like it before.

It was amazing and so no trick photography was necessary at all. I have other photos of this if anyone is interested.

The photo was taken at about 6:00 pm in mid February. Camera: Sony H1 Settings: 1/640s, f4.0, ISO64, focal length 38mm Posted by Picasa

No comments: